In recent years there has been more emphasis on personalized learning and giving students more voice and choice in their educational process. Is your school interested in learning how it can incorporate personalized learning into its schedule? FlexTime Manager, by Eduspire Solutions, is a software solution that makes flexible scheduling and personalized instruction not only a possibility, but one that is simple to implement. Contact us for a free demonstration today!
Getting Smart listed our FlexTime Manager software and said it “can be used to manage activity periods and keep track of projects” in their article titled “14 Tech Tools to Enhance Project-Based Learning” from June 2016.
FTM New Product Features!
We are excited to announce the following new features in FlexTime Manager to enhance flexible scheduling functionality:
Improved Student Attendance Functionality for Teachers
1) We have hyperlinked the student attendance on the teacher’s “My Schedule” screen. Instead of having to scroll through the days on the Student Attendance screen to see which students have registered for your activities, you can link to it directly from the activity on the calendar:
Upon clicking on the registration/capacity number, you will be brought to the attendance screen. If you are a multi-flex period client, you will still see the period tabs across the top of this attendance screen and you will be brought to the correct tab based on the activity’s attendance information you clicked on:
2) You might notice we have made some improvements to the calendar. The day, today+4, week, and month views are more clear, and there is better spacing between periods and activities. This is especially apparent when a teacher creates more than one activity during a flex period:
Editing Activity Blocks
3) Activities can now be edited the same way if you edit them through the “My Activity” versus the “My Schedule” screens.
a) To edit from the My Schedule Screen, you would click on the edit pencil icon on the activity block you would like to edit:
b) You would then Edit your roster or other information, and apply the change to the dates you wish. To Edit your roster, click on the Roster name in blue. After that, click on a checkbox to apply the roster change to all dates, the Master roster (meaning it would apply the roster change to any future scheduling of the activity), or you could just select specific dates the activity has already been scheduled for:
c) Alternatively, you could also apply changes the same way through the “My Activity” screen. You would navigate to the My Activity screen, and then click on the green edit pencil icon associated with the activity you wish to update:
d) You could then edit the roster or other information, just as you could through the My Schedule screen. The only difference is that the My Schedule screen had the current day pre-selected as one that should be changed — the My Activity screen has no dates pre-selected. You can still apply changes to all scheduled dates (Select All), the Master activity (meaning any time that activity is scheduled in the future the updated roster will be utilized), or specific dates:
Email and Text Message Notifications Available
4) Please note that we now have current day agenda reminder emails and text and email change notifications available for students. This feature is still in Beta testing. To enable this feature, you would go into “Enable Notification Settings” under the School Admin icon:
You would then enable texts and emails if you wish. Your students would then need to update their profile with their cell phone number and carrier information if they wished to receive texts when their schedule changes past 7:00 AM:
Updated “From” Email Address for Notifications
5) Please note the email address that agenda and change email notifications will come from has changed — it is now firstname.lastname@example.org. If you restrict email communications that your students receive, you will want to allow this email address to come through to help make sure students go to their correct flex activity registrations.
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Eduspire Solutions Project Coordinator with questions about these and other features, and start simplifying your flexible scheduling activities today!
Introducing Peer Tutoring the Way It Should Be
Users of FlexTime Manager know that it simplifies scheduling, provides flexibility, and facilitates communication. We intend to streamline the administrative and student roles in coordinating flexible activity blocks and personalized learning time as much as possible. That’s why we’ve introduced our new P2P (peer-to-peer tutoring) add-on module.
Teachers, Free Yourselves From the Bell Schedule |
Are personalized daily schedules truly a possibility? Actually, they’re a reality! Meet SCHedOOL, by Eduspire Solutions! SCHedOOL is a uniquely student-centric scheduling system for both students and teachers which makes flexible scheduling possible through an innovative, cloud-based application. SCHedOOL is ideal for small teams of teachers offering workshops and other activity sessions for their students. It facilitates streamlined customization and flexibility. Teachers can offer sessions that are different from day to day, free of any bell schedule, and without constraints of start time, end time, or length of period. (more…)
Introducing VoiceChoicer for Empowering Preferences in Student Learning |
Welcome! We’re Eduspire Solutions, and we develop software and technology for schools that either are 1:1 or want to be. Our web-based and mobile applications are designed by educators, for educators to streamline and enhance classroom monitoring and the scheduling of student activities. If you’ve been looking for a way to boost student engagement by giving students more voice and choice while simplifying the scheduling of activities, you’ll definitely want to take a look at our cloud-based activity sorting and ranking application, VoiceChoicer.