Educents featured our e-hallpass software and called it a “21st Century Hall Pass Solution” in their article titled “A High-Tech Way to Monitor the Halls” from May 2016.
Enhancements to Appointment Pass
Back in June of this year we released Appointment Pass, a module for e-hallpass that allows school staff to create future passes for appointments with students. Think guidance counselor, scheduled early dismissal, makeup tests, etc. To jog your memory, consider revisiting the blog post from June 20, 2017 titled “Appointment Pass for e-hallpass is Here!”
At Eduspire Solutions we’re always working to improve the user experience and add more features and enhancements to our products. To ensure maximum utility and functionality, we’ve made some recent updates to Appointment Pass that will benefit both teachers and students. Here are some highlights:
- Improved pass notifications/acknowledgements for students at 20 minutes and 5 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Improved wording on passes: i.e. Instead of “Acknowledge” and “Go To Pass,” the alert will now say “Your Appointment Pass is now ready” at five minutes prior to the scheduled event, and a countdown timer will start.
Teacher Appointment Menu
- No more “lost” pass details. The “Pass Details” will now stay in the table and will appear in students’ “Active Pass” list.
- The teacher appointment menu will keep a complete record of all scheduled and completed appointment passes.
- If an appointment is missed by a student, it will change to a different color to provide distinction between a missed appointment and an appointment that simply ended.
- Improvements to the pass layout have made it more responsive on mobile devices.
- Once students acknowledge their appointments, a check mark will appear under the pass info.
- Improved color schemes.
- Additional check box added to the teacher dashboard called “Include My Missed Appointments” so that teachers can see a more complete history.
- Codes added to the pass info near the edit button indicating the pass type: “AUTO (auto), PROX (for a proxy pass), APPT (for appointment passes), and STUD (student-created passes).
What Does Streamlined Implementation Mean for e-hallpass Customers?
Eduspire Solutions is dedicated to constantly improving its software to meet the needs of teachers, administrators and students. The changes we’ve made to our implementation process by introducing Streamlined Implementation (SI) will not only make it easier to get up and running with e-hallpass, but will make it possible for smaller schools to use the software without the same technical requirements and implementation costs that were necessary before.
SI Brings Choice to Schools on Technical Setup
Streamlined Implementation provides more choices for new customers. Schools that prefer to have Eduspire Solutions take care of more involved technical integration needs, or schools that require user integration with complex systems such as Active Directory or their SIS, still have the option of a full implementation. But schools that are comfortable managing many of their own technical set-up items, and that are willing to manage their own user provisioning and administration, now have the option of Streamlined Implementation.
SI Simplifies How Schools Get Set Up in the System
Schools can now manage much of their set-up independently. Users create and manage their own passwords. School administrators manage their own school settings for e-hallpass. Traditionally a full implementation usually required significant involvement from the IT department or other technical staff of the school or the district, but SI can typically be handled by local school administrative staff.
Shorter Implementation Time
Under our traditional full implementation model, the average implementation time for a typical school is approximately 3 weeks (not including user training and roll-out). With streamlined implementation, your school can easily be up and running within 1 week. So if you want to accelerate implementation, SI might be good choice for you.
Reduced Implementation Costs
Because Streamlined Implementation requires less work, it costs less! A traditional full implementation may not always fit into the school’s budget, but streamlined implementation should be much more manageable from a financial standpoint, especially for smaller schools. With the SI option, getting e-hallpass should be affordable for schools of any size.
If you are interested in e-hallpass but implementation costs or complexity have been holding you back, Streamlined Implementation may be the enhancement that you need to move forward. Please contact Eduspire Solutions for a specific quote for your school.