Worried About Social Distancing for the Upcoming School Year?
How will you comply? How will you keep students and staff safe?
Worried about crowded hallways, bathrooms, and classrooms?
What about germy hall pass objects, shared devices, and increased burdens on already-stretched staff members?
Learn about 9 features of e-hallpass (such as contact-less hall pass management, restricted access locations, student pass limits, building-wide hall capacity limits, and more) that will negate or handle all of these concerns by watching this short (less than 5-minute) video below.
Moving Instruction Online? FlexTime Manager is Here to Help!
You can set up pooled online teaching within a school! Break down the rostered walls of Learning Management Systems, and pool your staff availability to offer support to all students.
Watch this short (3-minute) video
Original Use Case for School Remediation Periods
Personalized Activity Periods Without the Headache:
- Seamlessly schedule enrichment and remediation
- Provide student voice and choice
- Allow teachers to offer what they want to offer and allow students to make their own selections (with teachers being able to override when needed)
- Get off the spreadsheet, and put the “Power” back in your Power Hour
Newest Use Case: Pooled Online Teaching
Teach your school’s students regardless of whether they are on your roster:
- Especially useful for remediation or open help sessions for any student
- Teachers can offer lessons to any student in their school (regardless of whether they are that student’s teacher)
- Students can sign up for subject area lessons (regardless of which teacher is offering it)
- Easily manage attendance and record keeping
Additional Benefits: Expedited SPRING or SUMMER Implementation
- We implement and configure your system right away!
- We set up and train your users on YOUR preferred schedule, any time between now and the beginning of school, all done remotely!
- Be ready to go on day 1 with your flexible scheduling solution
Click here to learn more!
Social Distancing for Your Halls
Replace your “germy” or outdated hall pass system
The Total Digital Hall Pass Solution:
- Get rid of your unsanitary hall pass objects
- Limit the number of allowable passes in the hall at one time
- Enhance security–Live dashboard view of who is in the hall
- Complete pass history increases transparency and accountability
- Appointment Pass creates future passes
- and much more!
Plus, with our new A/B Polarity Feature, you specify which students cannot be in the halls simultaneously.
As seen on PBS! Watch this 2-minute video – over 100,000 views!
Expedited SPRING or SUMMER Implementation
- We implement and configure your system right away!
- We set up and train your users on YOUR preferred schedule, any time between now and the beginning of school, all done remotely
- Be ready to go on day 1 with your flexible scheduling solution
Click here to learn more
E-hallpass, by Eduspire Solutions, is again making headlines. Used by schools all over the country, e-hallpass is not only the ultimate hall pass solution but also a tool to combat the vaping epidemic in schools. The below article originally appeared on the Basehor-Linwood High School’s news website, blhsnews.com, and mentions e-hallpass as a vehicle for monitoring visits to restrooms, which is where much of the school’s vaping occurs.
Basehor-Linwood High School in Basehor, Kansas
March 2, 2020
A statistic from 2018 shows that 20-25% of students currently vape, however a student at the school believes roughly 90% of students have at least tried it.
“Everyone vapes. There’s so many people that do it all the time, which is why I think so many others have at least tried it,” said the student.
This school isn’t the only one dealing with the issues of vaping. Schools throughout the Northeast Kansas region, and the rest of the country are also experiencing issues with keeping vaping off of their campuses. Assistant principal Jared Jackson first noticed the issues surrounding vaping within the school around two years ago.
Absenteeism Remains a Problem
All the EdTech resources in the world can’t improve schools if students aren’t in their seats for the experience. Yes, it’s nearly 2020, and absenteesim is still a widespread problem. EdTech Magazine tells us that “As many as 8 million students were chronically absent from school during the 2015–2016 school year, up from 7.2 million two years earlier, according to national data released in 2018 by Attendance Works. That means 1 in 7 students missed 15 or more days of school.”
Using Tech to Address the Issue of Absenteeism
Schools are getting creative with their approaches to addressing the issue, from sophisticated data like attendance-keeping apps to immersive technologies that boost student engagement — but in-school absenteeism is also an issue that, while just as problematic, may actually be harder to address.
When students have repeated requests to leave the classroom, whether for bathroom and locker visits, nurse calls, or other reasons, they are missing valuable instructional time. This has a similar effect to being absent from school entirely. With any type of repetitive absence, mastery declines, test scores fall, and graduation rates are reduced.
Get Creative with E-Hallpass
Solutions like e-hallpass are among the innovative ways that schools across America are fighting the problem. E-hallpass keeps students in class when it counts by triaging bathroom requests, prioritizing nurse queues, capping the number of allowed passes at a given moment, recording the length of time students are out of class (and sending alerts for those who are gone too long), blocking certain students from meeting in the halls, and more. There are many settings and parameters that can help teachers and administrators combat in-school absenteeism, and these options are configurable and customizable at school and building level.
Additional Benefits to Using E-Hallpass to Combat Absenteeism
E-hallpass has many other helpful features with benefits such as reduced vandalism, increased safety and security, reduced vaping, decreased violence, and more. To learn about everything that e-hallpass can do for your school, schedule a free demo today.
Looking Back on 2019
It’s been a year of exciting growth for Eduspire Solutions, adding hundreds of new schools in 46 states! We’ve also made significant updates to our e-hallpass and FlexTime Manager software solutions, and we’re anticipating the release of even more updates in the new year. Here is a summary of our year in review and what’s to come:
FlexTime Manager Improvements During 2019
- Synced Rosters: brand new feature that allows multiple teachers to keep their activities up to date by linking to a single shared roster that dynamically keeps all applicable rosters updated
- Roster Improvements: teachers can more easily rename, delete, copy, their rosters in our improved User Interface design
- Improvements to Lunch Logic and CatchAll: a lot of work went into improving the robustness, speed and performance of CatchAll and Lunch Logic
- Connection to Additional Login Services (ClassLink & OneRoster): we have worked hard to make FTM easy to install and get schools connected.
E-hallpass Improvements During 2019
- Student Mobile App: e-hallpass for mobile was released in the app store for both Apple and Android user
- Kiosk Mode: this feature enables schools that are not 1:1 or have limited access to devices to use e-hallpass from a centralized hub location with multiple user
- Connection to Additional Login Services (ClassLink & GG4L): we have worked hard to make EHP easy to install and get schools connecte
- A/B polarity: this feature further increases security by allowing teachers to proactively prevent selected students from using the halls simultaneously
Upcoming FlexTime Manager Improvements for 2020
- CatchAll by rotating calendar schedule
- Admin ability to rename all the priority levels
- Retro-active (bulk) attendance adjustments
- Student registration report
- Shared teacher attendance
- Student mobile app
- A/B Polarity for activities
Upcoming E-Hallpass Improvements for 2020
- Pass limits by location
- Audible teacher alerts
- Reusable passes
- Teacher mobile app
If you haven’t yet committed to using e-hallpass or FlexTime Manager in your school and would like to schedule a free demo for your administrators, please contact us today!
Problems with Vaping at Your School? Consider e-hallpass
School. It’s where our kids go to learn and grow, academically and socially. We hope they’re cultivating passions. We hope they’re excelling, forging lifelong friendships, developing real-world skills. We hope they’re safe. But we are aware that it might also be a place where they are tempted to get into trouble or might be introduced to dangerous and addictive behaviors, like vaping, which has become a nationwide epidemic.
Through the course of a school day, parental reach is limited. Stemming behavioral issues and protecting students has to be an area of concern for teachers, even if mainly to allow students to focus on instructional time and progress. That’s why it’s crucial for educators to have resources and tools that make teaching more effective while also helping provide guardrails that decrease unwanted student behaviors.
Meet e-hallpass. A first-of-its-kind digital hall pass solution that does so much more than provide a sanitary alternative to wood block, laminated, or physical object hall passes. In addition to its time-saving and hands-free benefits for teachers (ahem, fewer interruptions? Yes please!), e-hallpass provides the kind of insight necessary to equip teachers to protect our children from unsafe behavior during school hours and those vulnerable times when students are not in class, but traveling through the hallways.
Providing a level of transparency and accountability never before experienced, e-hallpass offers up-to-date information on students’ whereabouts. With robust reporting and various administrative settings and tools, e-hallpass has been reported to not only reduce classroom interruptions (maximizing instructional time), but also
- Decrease nurse’s office visits by 25-50%
- Significantly impact the occurrence of vandalism, smoking, vaping, and other off-limits behaviors
- Deter students from making bogus pass requests to congregate in the halls or meet other students for social reasons
E-hallpass contains many built-in features to help educators manage student time out of the classroom, such as daily or weekly pass limits, automatic pass blocking, co-occurring pass prevention for specified pairs or groups of students, and comprehensive reporting to analyze patterns of student time out of the classroom.
School should be a place where students learn and grow, not look for opportunities to evade supervision and experiment with risky behaviors. E-hallpass promotes safer schools and safer students. For more information, visit the e-hallpass website or contact an Eduspire Solutions representative today.
The Much Anticipated A/B Polarity Feature is Now Available in e-hallpass!
Finally, teachers are able to manage which students are in the halls simultaneously, with the A/B Polarity feature in e-hallpass.
A/B Polarity makes it possible to reduce troublesome hallway activity caused by pairs of students who meet in the halls. Scenarios include vandalism, gang-related activity, boyfriend/girlfriend situations, bullying situations, and more.
In this example, as seen from the Admin screen, a teacher is able to see which students should be blocked from meeting in the halls and how many times the feature may have been activated. The Admin can enter helpful notes for each student, such as that a parent requested his or her child not to be allowed in the hall with another specific student, etc.
Times can be set for blocking a specific student from the hall, and anyone who tries to create a pass for a student who is being blocked from the hall at a specific time will get a notification.
This incredibly helpful feature gives students anonymity in situations that may be anxiety-inducing, such as potentially running into a bully or someone they try to avoid. They will be able to see if that student is currently using a hall pass and therefore will not be able to activate one themselves.
A/B Polarity is just one more way e-hallpass makes schools safer. For more information or to schedule your free demo, click here.
Thomas Jefferson High School Implements Personal Learning Time
This article first appeared on TribLive, by Trib Total Media | Written by Stephanie Hacke | September 26, 2019
Tranquil music echoes through the main hallway of Thomas Jefferson High School’s athletic wing during the middle of the school day.
Roughly 20 students lay on the turf floor, bending and stretching in meditative yoga poses.
In the gymnasium next door, it’s much louder, as students compete in a competitive game of bat ball.
While all of this occurs, a line of students step up inside the adjacent auxiliary gym and fire their bows in a new archery group forming at the school.
New digital hall pass system to replace paper passes
This article first appeared in The Purbalite, the Baldwin High School Student Newspaper
Written by Victoria Di Cesare and Grace Hampton | September 9, 2019