Enhancements to Appointment Pass
Back in June of this year we released Appointment Pass, a module for e-hallpass that allows school staff to create future passes for appointments with students. Think guidance counselor, scheduled early dismissal, makeup tests, etc. To jog your memory, consider revisiting the blog post from June 20, 2017 titled “Appointment Pass for e-hallpass is Here!”
At Eduspire Solutions we’re always working to improve the user experience and add more features and enhancements to our products. To ensure maximum utility and functionality, we’ve made some recent updates to Appointment Pass that will benefit both teachers and students. Here are some highlights:
- Improved pass notifications/acknowledgements for students at 20 minutes and 5 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Improved wording on passes: i.e. Instead of “Acknowledge” and “Go To Pass,” the alert will now say “Your Appointment Pass is now ready” at five minutes prior to the scheduled event, and a countdown timer will start.
Teacher Appointment Menu
- No more “lost” pass details. The “Pass Details” will now stay in the table and will appear in students’ “Active Pass” list.
- The teacher appointment menu will keep a complete record of all scheduled and completed appointment passes.
- If an appointment is missed by a student, it will change to a different color to provide distinction between a missed appointment and an appointment that simply ended.
- Improvements to the pass layout have made it more responsive on mobile devices.
- Once students acknowledge their appointments, a check mark will appear under the pass info.
- Improved color schemes.
- Additional check box added to the teacher dashboard called “Include My Missed Appointments” so that teachers can see a more complete history.
- Codes added to the pass info near the edit button indicating the pass type: “AUTO (auto), PROX (for a Proxy Pass), APPT (for appointment passes), and STUD (student-created passes).