Monthly Archives: June 2019
This Is the Future
It’s almost 2020. Wait — read that again. 2020. How futuristic does that sound? In the movie Back to the Future, “the future” was portrayed as 2015 — which was almost five years ago! If we’re in the future, then why are so many of our schools stuck in the past?
So Do Teachers Still Want Apples and Coffee Mugs at the End of the Year?
The internet abounds with subjective blog posts about what teachers really want for end-of-year gifts and what their back-to-school aspirations include (i.e. another Starbucks gift card, a more organized classroom). But studies from DonorsChoose and the like tell an altogether different story: that teachers. want. tech. (period).
Aside from the obvious device-supported learning endeavors and personalization that classroom technology enables, not much thought is given to the school-wide impact of effective technology use. School safety and security are among this decade’s top concerns: being “in the future” comes with increased dangers, and yet schools that haven’t evolved are facing compounding problems using the same, outdated methods from, well, the past.
Threats Are Abated with Widespread Tech Use
At Eduspire Solutions, our mission statement and purpose are to transform education through technology. With responsible tech tools like e-hallpass, our digital hall pass application, schools all over the country have reported improvements in the areas of school safety, classroom culture, and behavior management. Here is a short list of security concerns that can be resolved with the use of a digital hall pass:
- Student Safety: pinpoint students’ whereabouts outside the classroom, building-wide
- Vandalism: protect school property and prevent costly damage
- Bullying, Drug Use, and Other Misbehavior: restrict certain students from meeting in the halls at the same time, or disable certain hall passes altogether for a set time period
- Hall Pass Abuse: restrict excessive bathroom and water fountain passes and see a live timer with location notifications to prevent aimless wandering
- Lack of Actionable Data: gain access to real-time insights and regular reporting that provide crucial information about students’ hall traffic patterns
Don’t think tech like this exists? Think again — we’re in the future, remember? If your school is still using paper hall passes (or some random object), it’s time to hop in your DeLorean and park in the year 2020 with hundreds of other schools that are using e-hallpass.
Added bonuses that teachers really love: it’s sanitary, and it virtually eliminates classroom disruptions. Preserving instructional time and seasonal immunity? Yes please!
Back-to-School? You Mean “Back to the Future!”
Eduspire Solutions offers free pilots of this in-demand tool that was recently featured by PBS. It’s been called a “no-brainer” by EdTech influencers, and it’s a cost-effective way to seriously bring your school out of the stone age. Contact us today for a demo, and make sure you’re going back to the future when you go back to school in September!