Monthly Archives: September 2018
In this August 2018 article from the Loudon-Times Mirror titled, “Loudoun County’s 92 schools welcome back students,” we learn about district and building-wide changes, including the “new e-hallpass system in place.”
This August 2018 article on triblive.com lists the improvements being made at West Jefferson Hills School District in Pennsylvania, including this statement about our e-hallpass software: “The district also will utilize digital hall passes to better track students and provide data on pass usage.”
In this post from March 2017, GoGuardian published our guest post about common administrative problems in schools and how our e-hallpass software could solve them.
Getting Smart listed our FlexTime Manager software and said it “can be used to manage activity periods and keep track of projects” in their article titled “14 Tech Tools to Enhance Project-Based Learning” from June 2016.
Educents featured our e-hallpass software and called it a “21st Century Hall Pass Solution” in their article titled “A High-Tech Way to Monitor the Halls” from May 2016.
FTM New Product Features!
We are excited to announce the following new features in FlexTime Manager to enhance flexible scheduling functionality:
Improved Student Attendance Functionality for Teachers
1) We have hyperlinked the student attendance on the teacher’s “My Schedule” screen. Instead of having to scroll through the days on the Student Attendance screen to see which students have registered for your activities, you can link to it directly from the activity on the calendar:
Upon clicking on the registration/capacity number, you will be brought to the attendance screen. If you are a multi-flex period client, you will still see the period tabs across the top of this attendance screen and you will be brought to the correct tab based on the activity’s attendance information you clicked on:
2) You might notice we have made some improvements to the calendar. The day, today+4, week, and month views are more clear, and there is better spacing between periods and activities. This is especially apparent when a teacher creates more than one activity during a flex period:
Editing Activity Blocks
3) Activities can now be edited the same way if you edit them through the “My Activity” versus the “My Schedule” screens.
a) To edit from the My Schedule Screen, you would click on the edit pencil icon on the activity block you would like to edit:
b) You would then Edit your roster or other information, and apply the change to the dates you wish. To Edit your roster, click on the Roster name in blue. After that, click on a checkbox to apply the roster change to all dates, the Master roster (meaning it would apply the roster change to any future scheduling of the activity), or you could just select specific dates the activity has already been scheduled for:
c) Alternatively, you could also apply changes the same way through the “My Activity” screen. You would navigate to the My Activity screen, and then click on the green edit pencil icon associated with the activity you wish to update:
d) You could then edit the roster or other information, just as you could through the My Schedule screen. The only difference is that the My Schedule screen had the current day pre-selected as one that should be changed — the My Activity screen has no dates pre-selected. You can still apply changes to all scheduled dates (Select All), the Master activity (meaning any time that activity is scheduled in the future the updated roster will be utilized), or specific dates:
Email and Text Message Notifications Available
4) Please note that we now have current day agenda reminder emails and text and email change notifications available for students. This feature is still in Beta testing. To enable this feature, you would go into “Enable Notification Settings” under the School Admin icon:
You would then enable texts and emails if you wish. Your students would then need to update their profile with their cell phone number and carrier information if they wished to receive texts when their schedule changes past 7:00 AM:
Updated “From” Email Address for Notifications
5) Please note the email address that agenda and change email notifications will come from has changed — it is now firstname.lastname@example.org. If you restrict email communications that your students receive, you will want to allow this email address to come through to help make sure students go to their correct flex activity registrations.
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Eduspire Solutions Project Coordinator with questions about these and other features, and start simplifying your flexible scheduling activities today!