Monthly Archives: October 2017
The Online Digital Hall Pass Solution
Our application e-hallpass (EHP) is a ground-breaking software solution for 1:1 or bring-your-own-device schools, designed to modernize and simplify today’s antiquated methods of administering hall passes. EHP digitally enhances both accountability and school security with easy-to-use cloud-based technology. Benefits include effortless hall pass creation and approval, instant logging of time in the hall, real-time hall traffic data, and powerful student monitoring capabilities. Its dynamic, cutting-edge dashboard captures all data related to student hall passes in order to revolutionize classroom management.
e-hallpass for School Security
EHP customers are well aware of the classroom management, student behavior, and school security benefits of e-hallpass, but they hope that certain situations necessitating these added security protocols will never come to fruition.
In this article from the York Dispatch detailing a September 18th bomb threat at Eastern York Middle School, Principal Keith Shoemaker explains the school’s response to the situation.
In addition to increasing patrols throughout the school and restricting building usage, students are being required to use e-hallpass software to allow for better monitoring of hall activity, awareness of student whereabouts, and increased security.
There For You When It Counts
Thankfully, the bomb threat at Eastern York Middle School was a hoax (their second in as many weeks). Of course, no one ever wants to see such a dangerous and tragic situation become a reality, and we at Eduspire Solutions are no exception. But when the theoretical becomes painfully real, we’re reminded of the reasons we design our products with such capabilities — for the students, and for you, our clients who care about them.
For more information about e-hallpass or to schedule a free demo, contact an Eduspire Solutions representative today.
Enhancements to Appointment Pass
Back in June of this year we released Appointment Pass, a module for e-hallpass that allows school staff to create future passes for appointments with students. Think guidance counselor, scheduled early dismissal, makeup tests, etc. To jog your memory, consider revisiting the blog post from June 20, 2017 titled “Appointment Pass for e-hallpass is Here!”
At Eduspire Solutions we’re always working to improve the user experience and add more features and enhancements to our products. To ensure maximum utility and functionality, we’ve made some recent updates to Appointment Pass that will benefit both teachers and students. Here are some highlights:
- Improved pass notifications/acknowledgements for students at 20 minutes and 5 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Improved wording on passes: i.e. Instead of “Acknowledge” and “Go To Pass,” the alert will now say “Your Appointment Pass is now ready” at five minutes prior to the scheduled event, and a countdown timer will start.
Teacher Appointment Menu
- No more “lost” pass details. The “Pass Details” will now stay in the table and will appear in students’ “Active Pass” list.
- The teacher appointment menu will keep a complete record of all scheduled and completed appointment passes.
- If an appointment is missed by a student, it will change to a different color to provide distinction between a missed appointment and an appointment that simply ended.
- Improvements to the pass layout have made it more responsive on mobile devices.
- Once students acknowledge their appointments, a check mark will appear under the pass info.
- Improved color schemes.
- Additional check box added to the teacher dashboard called “Include My Missed Appointments” so that teachers can see a more complete history.
- Codes added to the pass info near the edit button indicating the pass type: “AUTO (auto), PROX (for a Proxy Pass), APPT (for appointment passes), and STUD (student-created passes).